1. I was born with small buds on both feet that may or may not have developed into sixth toes. (The doctor snipped them off with surgical wire.)
2. I always celebrated two birthdays as a kid: the first on January twentieth, the actual day I was born; the second six days later, on the day I was adopted.
3. Although I’ve never broken a bone, my little sister did knock my two front teeth out--with her forehead--when I was four.
4. I finished my first novel when I was twelve. It was sort of a religious thriller--think THE DA VINCI CODE, but with the Catholic elements swapped out for Mormon ones--that I had no business writing, seeing as how I had no idea what the heck I was talking about:)
5. I ran for student government six times, and never won once.
6. Despite growing up within a few miles of each other, Honey Bear and I didn’t meet until we were on our high school debate team together. (Our houses were separated by about three junior highs and five or six stakes.)
7. My second ACT score was a whopping five points higher than my first one.
8. I graduated from Brigham Young University four years ago, with degrees that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with writing (Math Education and Economics).
9. When I was pregnant with my first child, the only emotional change I noticed was an occasional attack of the giggles. Something exceptionally mundane would strike me as exceptionally funny, and I wouldn’t be able to stop sniggering for ten or fifteen minutes. What’s especially interesting is that my son is also prone to fits of laughter, and is one of the happiest kids you’ll ever meet.
10. The Swedish Chef is my favorite Muppet.
I also have to pass this award on to five other bloggers I’d love to know more about. So I’m bequeathing this great honor on the following:
A.L. Sonnichsen of The Green Bathtub
Ant of The Antagonist
Charity Bradford of My Writing Journey
Kelly Bryson of Book Readress
Liesl of Writer Ropes and Hopes
Thanks for reading, everyone!