Wednesday, March 16, 2011
I recently received this blog bling from three lovely bloggers, Cambria Dillon, Kristine Asselin, and Katrina DeLallo. Thanks, ladies, for thinking of me and for maintaining such awesome blogs yourselves!
To claim them, I have to tell you seven things about myself. After blogging for a year and a half, I sometimes feel like I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to sharing new and interesting tidbits, but I’ll do my best.
1. I was adopted, which you probably already knew, but what you might not have known is that, biologically speaking, I’m White (mostly White), Filipino, and Hawaiian, and that my adopted grandfather is one-hundred-percent Filipino. How cool is that?
2. I lost the fourth grade spelling bee on the word autopsy (which, now that I think about it, was kind of a morbid word for a fourth grade spelling bee). I left out the P. How in heaven’s name did I leave out the P?
3. I remember a lot of my elementary school years by the activity that defined recess. Third grade was the year of the jump rope. Fifth grade was the year of two-hand touch-football. Sixth grade was the year of sitting-around-with-my-friends-and-daydreaming-about-junior-high:)
4. I type pretty fast. During my heyday, I usually typed at around 120 words a minute.
5. I’m a huge BYU football fan--like, colossal. Unfortunately, the BYU football program has had exactly three losing seasons in the last thirty-seven years, and I was a student there for all three of them. Sigh.
6. I was a teaching assistant in the economics department at BYU for about a year and a half. I loved that job. When I had to quit so I could student-teach for my Math Ed degree, I almost cried.
7. I was in labor for twenty-five hours with my first baby and for zero hours with my second. (I ended up having a C-section after those twenty-five hours with I-gots, and we scheduled a C-section with Lady.)
I’m passing these awards on to the following five bloggers:
Ben Spendlove of Imaginary Friends, whose YA urban fantasy I just finished and quite enjoyed
Kelly Bryson of Book Readress, who has been my querying buddy for the last couple of months
Mindy McGinnis of Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire, who comments regularly under the pseudonym bigblackcat97 and recently signed with agent Adriann Ranta
Myrna Foster of Night Writer, who, by the time I finish this revision, will have read Bob almost as many times as I have:)
Pam Harris of Y(A)? Cuz We Write, who, even though she now has an uber-wonderful agent, still comments on just about every agent interview with a thank-you and a smile